Programs & Transition
NOWS operates a resource rich, safe, homelike environment that allows women an opportunity to establish a new future for themselves and their children. We provide case management, counseling, employment guidance, and education services while emphasizing personal responsibility and providing a supportive environment for their children.
- Shelter Care – Homelike environment where residents assist in daily chores, meal preparation and child-care duties.
- Case Management – Social worker works one-on-one with NOWS residents to identify needs, develop a specific, comprehensive service plan, and provide access to services that promote self-sufficiency.
- Parent Education – Mandatory weekly classes based on an evidence-based family skills training program, Strengthening Families Program, to reduce problem behaviors and improve performance.
- Employment Program – Our Employment Coordinator works individually with residents to seek full time employment and resources to meet educational needs. The program is designed to build resume writing and interviewing skills, while providing guidance and resources for daily job searches.
- Resources and Referrals – Connects families with services that assist with life skills, case management, healthcare access, legal services, mental health services, parenting skills and other appropriate services.
- Affordable Housing – Referral and assistance in locating and securing affordable housing.
- Education Connection – Ensures access to educational opportunities for mothers and assists in enrollment of children in school.
- Financial Stability – Financial literacy development and services through local Credit Union and savings match by NOWS (25% of client savings while in residence).
- Community Outings – Residents and their children are exposed to a variety of community and cultural activities.
- Aftercare Support – Both emotional and tangible support given to graduate families to help maintain the gains they made by living independently in the community.